National Account Manager
Location: South Windsor, CT
In this inside sales role you will be responsible for handling a high volume of incoming calls to assist with and assess your clients' needs. FarmTek mails over 25 million catalogs annually to our customer base and prospects. The main objective in the National Account Manager position is to assist your customers with their current needs and then build a strong relationship with each account to develop business on a long-term basis.
- Who we are: FarmTek is a division of Engineering Services and Products Company. Established more than 30 years ago, we are a local business serving over 350,000 customers nationwide. We offer over 30,000 products to the agriculture, horticulture and construction trade industries.
- What we sell: We sell a very diverse product line which enables FarmTek to be the one-stop shop to the farm owner, large grower, garden center and more. Our product line ranges from large tension fabric structures, greenhouses, hydroponics systems, irrigation systems, fans, heaters and radiant heat systems to buckets, bolts, screws and everything in between that is needed to run and maintain a farming operation.
- The FarmTek corporate culture: The culture at FarmTek is one that promotes and rewards hard work and dedication. FarmTek is made up of a group of employees committed to the continued growth and success of our company. The dress code is business casual, and Friday is a casual day. We have several company functions on location during business hours throughout the year including BBQs, company paid lunches, holiday celebrations, chili cook offs and cooking contests. Every September, many of our employees take part in the FarmTek golf tournament.
- What type of training is provided: We have a fantastic training program for our all of our National Account Managers. The first two weeks of employment consist of product training, sales training and computer systems training. Product training will continue for the first four weeks of employment, starting your day off with an hour and half session. After your initial two weeks of training, you will transition to the sales floor and begin working with customers, taking inbound and making outbound follow-up calls.
- What is the career path at FarmTek: Due to the training and support in place, we develop and promote from within and move our achievers into different roles on the sales floor. Starting as a National Account Manager, you will have several different opportunities for growth. Whether it is moving on to our ClearSpan structures team, our Business Development team, our Truss team or another path, FarmTek offers its employees a track for career development.
- Why is FarmTek a great place to work: FarmTek's employees are part of a very stable and growing company with many benefits.
There is no cold calling in the position:
What makes an individual successful at FarmTek is the ability to have a great conversation with your customer. You need to discover what they are using our products for, what they do as a company, farm or business and how we can become their main supplier for all the various products they need. What is a typical day in our call center as a National Account Manager? Each day you will handle a high volume of incoming calls with customers calling to either place an order or receive price quotes and information. In conjunction with inbound calls, you are also responsible for placing outbound calls to follow up with customers, build relationships, as well as to follow up with your prospects and customers who called to inquire about prices and products. Each day you will allocate time for follow up, whether it is by phone, email or mail. Staying in front of your customers is a top priority in your development as a National Account Manager.
We offer a fantastic benefit package with medical, dental, vacation, pto, life insurance, matching 401K, profit sharing and more.
How To Apply:
Note: These are PDF forms. We recommend that you save them to your computer's hard drive, fill out the forms, save and email to HRdept@GrowersSupply.com.
Application For Employment Form
Disclosure Agreement Form
Background Check/Drug Testing Form
To apply, please download and fill out the corresponding forms.
Submit forms and a resume by mail, e-mail or fax to:
Attn: Human Resources Growers Supply / Engineering Services & Products Co.
1395 John Fitch Blvd., South Windsor, CT 06074
E-Mail - HRDept@GrowersSupply.com
Fax - 860-289-9338
Engineering Services & Products Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers Page