From Germination to Harvest Webinar
Questions & Answers
- For WonderSoil®, is there any benefit to using the expanding bricks versus the loose soil?
It really depends on what you're growing and how you want to grow it. Give us a call and we can talk about your specific application and make a recommendation.
- If your seedlings are in WonderSoil® and you transfer them to traditional soil, will it affect plant growth?
Yes, actually you will have much stronger, healthier plants because you started them in the best conditions possible.
- Is there a minimum pot size you recommend to use with drip irrigation?
For stake drippers and any of the other drippers we have to offer, a four inch pot is usually the smallest that we will irrigate directly into. However, there are exceptions to every rule. Give us a call and we will go over your specific application and determine which irrigation system, and pots are right for you.
- Which overhead sprayer is best for each type of plant? Is there a formula or is it personal preference?
It's not based on a formula or specific plant, but on what your layout is. When designing a system for a customer we put a lot of consideration into the layout. We ask for pictures or a sketch of your growing space and where your tables are so we can design the most efficient system for your needs.
- Can drip irrigation systems be put on a timer? If so, how often should it run?
Yes, you can put drip irrigation systems on a timer. A lot of customers prefer it to be on a timer so they don't have to think about it. When it comes to how often plants are watered, it is going to depend on how large of an area you're irrigating and what the water source is. That will tell us if we need to set up your system in zones or if it can be done all at once.
- What are the benefits of using grow bags rather than raised beds or regular soil growing?
The benefit is that you will be able to move the grow bags around quickly and easily. If you have a nursery or are going to farmers' markets, the bags are much more customer friendly.
Return to Webinars