The person in this position reports to a supervisor or to the lead person in a particular area of the warehouse, and is responsible for completing warehouse fulfillment or material handling tasks as assigned.
- Move material and/or goods from one location to another as indicated by the MQR, or by other instructions.
- Package material for shipment or for customer pickup as indicated by instructions.
- Perform minor assembly or disassembly tasks to prepare material goods for shipping or for customer use.
- Measure, cut, and package material as needed for shipment.
- Construct pallets, boxes, and other shipping containers.
- Keep records and update paperwork/computerized systems to indicate material or order status.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of general material handling practices and safety procedures.
- Ability to operator material handling equipment including forklifts, pallet jacks, banders, hoists, lifting equipment and hand tools
- Skilled in material handling techniques
- Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to locate stock on shelves using company locating systems
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to maintain work orders
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Forklift Certification preferred
- Must have communication skills appropriate for the job
- Ability to follow instructions
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to continuously stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to communicate and listen to co-workers and is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. In addition to the lifting the job requires various carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, crawling and squatting.
Continuous training in warehouse and safety procedures, and certification in the operation of heavy equipment as needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts variously, in hot, humid, dry, dusty, and cold conditions inside the building. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How To Apply:
Note: These are PDF forms. We recommend that you save them to your computer's hard drive, fill out the forms, save and email to HRdeptIOWA@GrowersSupply.com.
Application For Employment Form
Disclosure Agreement Form
Background Check/Drug Testing Form
To apply, please download and fill out the corresponding forms.
Submit forms and a resume by mail, e-mail or fax to:
Attn: Human Resources Growers Supply / Engineering Services & Products Co.
1440 Field of Dreams Way, Dyersville, IA 52040
E-Mail - HRdeptIOWA@growerssupply.com
Fax - 563-875-2317
Engineering Services & Products Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers Page