Assistant Construction Manager
The person in this position reports to the Design and Construction Manager. This individual is responsible for working with the construction crews and customers to ensure the installation of our buildings on site meet deadlines and ensure a smooth project completion. Work directly with the Manager and Lead Project Manager on a project by project basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with customers on pre-construction plans and site preparedness
- Schedule the project and budget on time required to meet deadline.
- Determine labor requirements and dispatch workers to construction sites
- Coordinate and expedite material deliveries
- Inspect and review projects to ensure compliance with building safety codes and other regulations.
- Maintain inventory and quality of building construction
- Ensure smooth project completion
- Resolve post–construction issues
- Any and all additional assigned responsibilities.
- Knowledge of basic construction
- Knowledge of general construction practices and safety procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; give clear direction and respond to inquiries
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Ability to coordinate projects through planning, organization and coordination of tasks
- Ability to solve problems
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Access
- Excellent math skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret instructions
- Ability to utilize computer and programs
- Ability to follow instructions and work with minimal supervision
- General understanding of climate impact on construction projects is beneficial
- Ability to read blueprints both architectural and engineering
- Ability to do some traveling to construction sites outside of Iowa
Education and/or Experience:
- College degree and/or training in construction management, engineering, land planning or related field.
- Construction experience preferred.
- Must be able to hold a valid driver’s license.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must be able to read a tape measure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, requires variously continuous standing, sitting, walking, light lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, crawling, climbing and squatting. This is primarily an office position but will require work on a construction job site where may be lifing up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Primarily an office position but when on a job site will need to work outdoors in all weather conditions. Noise level would be low in an office environment but on a work site or other areas on campus could be moderate level.
How To Apply:
Note: These are PDF forms. We recommend that you save them to your computer's hard drive, fill out the forms, save and email to HRdeptIOWA@GrowersSupply.com.
Application For Employment Form
Disclosure Agreement Form
Background Check/Drug Testing Form
To apply, please download and fill out the corresponding forms.
Submit forms and a resume by mail, e-mail or fax to:
Attn: Human Resources Growers Supply / Engineering Services & Products Co.
1440 Field of Dreams Way, Dyersville, IA 52040
E-Mail - HRdeptIOWA@growerssupply.com
Fax - 563-875-2317
Engineering Services & Products Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers Page